|El Rey Fido - Contest Rules|
El Rey Fido Royal Rules
March 15th is the LAST day to enter!
For a printable version of the rules with allotted signature spaces, click here.
2. El Rey Fido fundraising may not take place at an event where funds are being raised for another organization/cause unless approved in writing by the organization/event host.
3. FirstGiving fundraising pages must be registered under the name of the participating dog’s legal owner.
4. All donations gathered under the assumption of the El Rey Fido fundraiser must be submitted to the San Antonio Humane Society by the fundraiser deadline, March 21, 2013 at 5PM.
5. Any donations received after the fundraising deadline March 21, 2013 at 5PM, will not be counted in the contestant’s final total.
6. If selected as a member of the El Rey Fido Royal Court, you and your pet must attend the mandatory court meeting on March 23, 2013 at 10AM in the SAHS Education Building.
7. All online donations must be made through El Rey Fido FirstGiving websites. No third party fundraising websites are allowed.
8. Donations are not allowed to be transferred from one contestant to another for any reason.
9. All donations are non-refundable.
10. Should a contestant be subject to voluntary or mandatory removal from the competition, the fundraising efforts will still be contributed to the SAHS.
11. Donation checks must be made out to the San Antonio Humane Society. In the “memo” portion, contributors must write ERF 2013 and the dog’s name to which they are donating. If checks are lacking information and an ERF contestant cannot clearly be identified as the recipient, donations will be contributed to the SAHS without crediting any participant.
12. El Rey Fido titles cannot be used to fundraise for other organizations/causes unless approved by the Director of Communication prior to fundraising.
13. Should the San Antonio Humane Society recognize aggressive tendencies by the El Rey Fido, the runner-up will represent the court in public appearances.
14. Being a member of the El Rey Fido fundraiser is a public position: all participating canines should walk well on a leash, be approachable by the public, and know basic commands.
15. Should El Rey Fido have marking tendencies, the runner up will take his/her place.
16. Contestants are required to be spayed/neutered in order to participate in the El Rey Fido fundraiser; all owners and/or representatives must be willing and able to discuss the benefits of spaying/neutering as it pertains to the SAHS mission.
17. As per San Antonio law, contestants are required to be licensed with the City of San Antonio. Proof of licensing is required. To obtain a pet license, visit sanantonio.gov/animalcare/license/petlicense.
18. The guardians and/or representatives of the contestant will act in a professional manner when appearing in the public eye.
19. All owners and/or representatives must refrain from making negative or inappropriate comments about the San Antonio Humane Society, other fundraisers, or shelter staff and animals on social media, blog posts, to media, etc., be it in a public or private manner.
20. While representing El Rey Fido and the San Antonio Humane Society in an official capacity, the guardians and/or representatives are asked not to drink alcoholic beverages.
21. While representing El Rey Fido and the San Antonio Humane Society, the guardians and/or representatives are asked not to make any mean or inappropriate jokes. This includes making any negative or inappropriate comments online or on social media sites, personal or public.
22. El Rey Fido Grr-Robes can only be worn during El Rey Fido sanctioned events or events approved by the Director of Communication.
23. All involved in El Rey Fido must abide by the San Antonio Humane Society Values (Customer Service, Adaptability, Respect, Responsibility, and Integrity).
24. El Rey Fido and the Royal Court can be dismissed at anytime, at the San Antonio Humane Society’s discretion.
25. All dogs must wear collars and leashes at El Rey Fido related appearances.
26. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required to maintain a position on the Royal Court.
27. All media requests and/or inquiries regarding the El Rey Fido fundraiser must be approved by the Director of Communication.
28. On behalf of my heirs, personal representatives, and executors, I hereby allow SAHS to use any photographs and/or videos of me and/or information given by me, for use in public relations efforts (SAHS website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, newsletters, brochures, flyers, media, etc.) as it is property of the SAHS.
29. I recognize that in handling animals, there exists a risk of injury including physical harm caused by the animals. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the SAHS, its agents, servants, and employees from any and all claims, causes of action, or demands or injuries which may be incurred or sustained by me in any way connected with my services for SAHS, including but not limited to animal bites, accidents, or injuries.
30. I recognize that with my pet being in close proximity to other animals, there exists a risk of injury including physical harm caused by the animals. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the SAHS, its agents, servants, and employees from any and all claims, causes of action, or demands or injuries which may be incurred or sustained by my pet in any way connected with his/her services for SAHS, including but not limited to animal bites, accidents, or injuries.
31. I give permission for the SASH to disclose my total donation amount raised in the 2013 El Rey Fido Fundraiser.
32. All rules are subject to the interpretation of the SAHS.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 03 January 2013 17:04|