8am - 7pm, every day (except major holidays).
Volunteer Orientation Fees
General - $25
Service - $15
Active Duty Military & Immediate Family - $15
Types of Volunteers
Individuals 12–15 years of age are referred to as Junior Volunteers and must have a parent/adult (18 years of age or older) volunteer with them at all times and those 16 years of age and older can volunteer on their own.
- General Volunteer: This option is for individuals who are interested in volunteering on a regular basis and they can assist as often as they’d like. If desired, volunteers can request for their hours to be logged as community service hours for school, work, church, or court.
- Service Volunteer: This option is for individuals who are interested in volunteering in order to complete community service hours for school, work, church, or court but who are not sure if they will continue to volunteer after their hours are accumulated. Once the hours have been fulfilled, a community service hours request form must be turned in before receiving the documented hours. The option will then be given to continue volunteering for the SAHS (an additional $10 fee is required to remain enrolled in our volunteer program) or the volunteer may choose to discontinue volunteering and turn in their volunteer t-shirt and badge
- Customer Service, We treat every customer, internal and external, with courtesy.
- Adaptability, We are willing to accommodate unpredictability in the workplace.
- Respect, We are honest, practice patience, and demonstrate care and understanding with all animals in our shelter.
- Responsibility, We are punctual, ready to work at our scheduled time, and get our jobs done in timely manner.
- Integrity, We are trustworthy and strive to do the right thing.
If at any time a volunteer does not comply with the SAHS values, they will be dismissed as a volunteer.
For more information see Volunteer FAQ.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 06:13