How do I become a volunteer?
- All volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Orientation at the SAHS.
How old do I have to be to volunteer?
Individuals 12–15 years of age are referred to as Junior Volunteers and must have a parent/adult (18 years of age or older) volunteer with them at all times and those 16 years of age and older can volunteer on their own.
When can I volunteer?
- Volunteer Hours: 8am - 7pm, every day (except major holidays)
How often can I volunteer?
- There isn’t a maximum or minimum amount of hours required to volunteer; unless assigned by school, work, church, or court.
What if I need community service hours for school, work or church?
- There is a community service hours request form that needs to be filled out 3-4 days prior to needing the printout of the community service hours and will signed and filled out accordingly.
- If an additional form needs to be completed, it can be attached to the community service hours request form.
What if I need community service hours for court?
- Documentation must be provided stating the reason for the community service order with hours needed before attending an orientation (felonies or criminal acts involving alcohol, drugs, violence, theft, child or animal abuse/cruelty, or sex crimes are not permitted).
- If you are not present at the scheduled time and have not contacted the Volunteer Coordinator, you may be dismissed from the program.
Is there a dress code?
- A volunteer t-shirt or apron and badge will be provided to all volunteers.
- Only closed-toe shoes are allowed
- Jeans or Bermuda Shorts (knee-length)
Can I listen to an IPod or MP3 player while volunteering?
- No, we would like for volunteers to focus all of their attention on the animals.
Can I use my phone while volunteering?
- Please only use your phone for emergencies or during breaks.
Last Updated on Thursday, 22 March 2012 15:23